Welcome to William Byrd High School
Melissa Carr wins 2013 Golden Apple Award
Check out Sketches, the Student Art and Literary Journal Online!
Roanoke County Public Schools is pleased to join the Community College Access Program (CCAP) provided by Virginia Western Community College. Please Click here for more information.
The mission of William Byrd High School is to provide an environment with opportunities and support that will encourage all students to develop and acquire the skills, attitudes, and knowledge necessary for lifelong learning in an ever-changing society.
- Every student has potential to learn.
- Each individual has the responsibility for his own actions and the resulting consequences.
- Students must be prepared for technological demands of an ever changing society.
- Students benefit from a unified effort that includes school staff, parents, and the local community.
- Our school will seek to address the needs and goals of the individual and celebrate the diversity of the community.
- Students thrive in a balanced educational environment that includes core subjects, the arts, technology, career training, and extracurricular activities.
Our motto is “Accept only the Best at WBHS.”