The Accelerated Reader Program (AR) is a popular reading program used by students at Mountain View.
Our goal is to have your child read more and improve each child's reading
- Students are able to move at their own pace and reading ability.
- Students in grades Kindergarten through Fifth Grade have the opportunity to take tests on their classroom computer,
computers in the Media Center or on the computers in the lab during regular school
Our AR program works like this:
- A student chooses a book from their reading ability.
- The student reads the book until they are familiar with the story elements.
- Then, the student takes a computerized test about the story they completed—
- Each test may only be taken once.
- Each test is worth points which are dependent upon the difficulty and the length of the
- Students must correctly respond to fifty percent of the questions.
- Each Monday morning, the top point winner from each class is announced.
- Each winner is awarded a small prize to recognize their effort.
AR tracks each student's performance. You may see your child's homeroom teacher for a summary of tests taken and points earned. We encourage you to keep track of the tests that your child takes.
Parents, please encourage your child to read and take part in this exciting program!
The reading list has been sorted alphabetically by title or you can go to
Edit in the menubar and use the "Find" command to locate an
To select a title for your accelerated reading list, visit the link below: