Grade 2 Lesson: Mixed up Chameleon by Eric Carle
Art: 2.2 The students will use literary sources to generate ideas for a work of art.
2.8 The student will identify and use a variety of sources for art ideas, including nature.
The students will learn and use collage technique
2.23 RC The student will use a variety of line
Classroom: 2.8 The student will demonstrate comprehension of fiction and non fiction selections.
2nd grade Harcourt trophies reading series.
The mixed up Chameleon by Eric Carle
Glue and water mixture
18x4 brown paper
6x4 ½ light green
6x4 ½ dark green paper
1. Students will view photographs of real chameleons.
2. The students will follow step by step directions for drawing a chameleon as lead by the teacher.
3. Students will draw one on their own, rembering to draw LARGE. This chameleon is drawn on tag board.
4. Students will cover the chameleon with tissue paper and a glue mixture.
5. After dry, cut around the chameleon, removing any excess paper
6. Draw the details back in with black marker.
7. Add a tree branch.
8. Cut out many leaves at one time by folding your green paper.
9. Add line designs to the leaves and the branch.
VI. Assessment will be made based on the objectives being met.